Adobe Photoshop: Do not flatten file! Try to leave background colors on a separate layer for easy color manipulation. Include font or render type layers. (CMYK format)
Adobe Illustrator: Do not embed images. All linked files must be supplied separately.
All type must be converted to outlines or a PC font must be supplied.
(ALL COLORS INCLUDING LINKED FILES SHOULD BE CMYK FORMAT)
* Files from other design programs should be saved as a Layered PSD, TIF, PDF or in separate JPG's.
* All files are sent to print from Adobe Photoshop.
* If files are created on a MAC, fonts must be rendered or outlined or a PC font must be supplied.
Small Format (Hand held or something measured in inches rather than feet) Postcards, Brochures, Decals. Prints that will be viewed close up.
Large Format (Something measured in feet rather than inches) Wall Banners, Vehicle Wraps, Murals.
Prints that will be viewed from a distance of 3 feet or more.
READY TO PRINT FILE PREPARATION
STEP ONE - Determine Final Size
What is the final size of the finished print. For Example 20' wide x 8' tall.
STEP TWO - Determine the Format
Small Format (See above) The final file should be sampled to a min resolution of 300 DPI at final size.
Large Format (See above) The final file should be sampled to a min resolution of 100 DPI at final size.
STEP THREE - Determine the Resolution
If you are building your file to scale, multiply 100 DPI (Large Format) by the scale factor (i.e. at 1/2, multiply 100 by 2 to get 200 DPI at 1/2 scale. At 1/8 scale,
multiply 100 by 8 to get 800 DPI at 1/8 scale) (Small Format multiply by 300 DPI)
STEP FOUR - Preparing and Saving your Artwork File
Build you file in any standard graphics program keeping layers separate for easy color manipulation. Save your file / files as Layered PC Adobe Photoshop files
with a PSD, PDF, TIF extension or in separate high quality JPG files that will be combined before printing.
* Files must be saved as CMYK prior to printing a match proof and sending to be printed.
* RICH BLACK (dark black) use four color, 60% cyan, 40% magenta, 40% yellow, 100% black.
* Please include a color or B/W mechanical of the final artwork for position only (FPO).
* A client approved color target is also requested - i.e. matchprint, Iris proof, color accurate inkjet proof.
* SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS should be included on a separate sheet or on the mechanical. Special
Instructions include: matching PMS colors, order of JPG files to be rebuilt, any special requests.
Assisted Design Instructions
In assisted designing we talk to you about your idea or concept. We discuss what you have and what we will need to complete the project. We provide information on resources for on-line stock photo's or royalty free art / illustrations / photo's. i.e. photospin.com, dreamstime.com. In general, we will need high quality glossy photo's, not inkjet prints, 35mm negatives, or 4x5 transparencies for high resolution scanning. Digitally designed artwork should be prepared using the design software listed above following the guidelines for building files as outlined in the Ready to Print File Preparation section listed above. JPG's and GIF's used to create Web Art are normally low res and not capable of producing high quality prints. Design fees vary depending on the complexity of the design and any additional art / design / images purchased to compete the final design. Call the number below for answers to any questions.
Color Match / Mechanical
For every job or file you should send a color match / mechanical (True color and placement as to what is on the digital file) with PMS color callouts for all spot
colors. The mechanical should include markings for the V.O. and A.O. with crop marks.
* Indicate V.O. and A.O. with crop marks. (V.O. - visual opening, A.O. - actual opening)
Use compression software to keep files smaller than 20 mb. (Stuffit, WinZip)
* Send E-Mail to email@example.com. Send backup copies of all files on disk with color match via FedEx.
CD's - DVD's - Thumb Drives
Please read our legal page before using this site.
Copyright @ VueThru, Inc. All Rights Reserved. VueThru, Inc., p: 1-702-897-6185 f: 1-702-987-1569